Friday, November 24, 2006

Things to be Thankful For

Thanksgiving gives us the opportunity to think about all the blessings we have experienced. First, I'm thankful that I am a child of God. I can imagine nothing better than this. God created me, died for my sins, sought me out and drew me to him, and wraps me in his love everyday. I'm glad God is God!

I am also thankful for my family. Deana and the boys bring such joy to my life. Next to being a Christian, I like being a husband and father best. I just hope I can love Deana like Christ loves the church. I want to love the boys like my heavenly Father loves me.

Then I'm thankful for my church. How could a Christian ever come close to the goal of godliness and holiness outside a fellowship of believers? It's not possible! But together we can all become more like Christ. Jesus said that loving God and loving each other were the two commandments that sum up the entire law. He set a great example of loving like that. Together we can learn to do it, too.

I am thankful for you and hope to see you Sunday.

No comments: