Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Great Day Sunday

I hope you were there Sunday morning to participate in the baptismal service. It is very humbling to step into those waters with people who are beginning a lifelong walk with Jesus Christ. It is also a great honor to administer this wonderful ordinance of the church. This is one of the times I thank God for calling me into pastoral ministry.

Observing another's baptism is also an inspiring time for me. I always think back to my salvation and baptism. That was almost 35 years ago but I remember clearly what happened to me. My salvation changed my life; my baptism proclaimed the change. My prayer today is that my life demonstrates the change. God is good.

Can you remember when you first believed in Christ as your Savior and Lord? The level of memory detail varies from person to person but every Christian person should have some memory of it. Spend some time in prayer thanking God for your salvation and asking for additional vivid memories of the day you accepted His Son as your Savior. Then rejoice in it and tell someone about it...over and over again.

Impacting Eternity at the Cross Road of Life

No comments: